For those new to the crypto world, a wallet is similar to a bank account for Crypto. There are many Crypto wallets out there. Some allow you to store your crypto on hardware, others are software, and there are also exchanges. Hardware and software are generally thought of as more secure, since they allow your cryptocurrencies to only be accessed by your own “Private Keys”. We try not to trust any exchange with large amounts of crypto. The exchange takes custody of your funds and a common phrase in the industry is “NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR COINS”. However, below are 3 exchanges that we have never had issue with and seem to be fairly well regulated.
Reasons to Choose NEXO
- Earn up to 8% APY interest on Crypto coins and 12% on Stablecoins!
- Over 26 different coins to earn with!
- Exchange with incredibly low fees
- Insurance on your deposit. Claims to be safer than your bank!
- Borrow money with crypto as collateral.
- Cover ALL fees on withdrawals (so many per month). Great for sending ETH and ERC-20 Tokens!
Reasons to Choose Coinbase
- Founded in 2012 with 35+ million users
- Supported in over 100 Countries. See List.
- The largest, most trusted US online wallet
- Link your bank account and exchange to fiat. This process is easy and secure.
- Learn about new cryptos and earn for free!
Coinbase - Learn to Learn
- Earn up to $155+ in various crypto for learning
- Learning is done by short video clips and quizzes related to them
- Cryptos earned can be exchanged instantly for BTC or USD
- Current coins available: BAT, ZRX, ZEC, XLM, EOS, XTZ, DAI, COMP, OXT